Monday, December 10, 2012

What are fads?


     12/3/12
  


Have you ever wondered, what made you have to have the iPhone 4, until the iPhone 5 came out, or what made you ombre your hair or start feeling the urge to wearing high wasted shorts? I’m assuming I would hear common answers like “well everyone is doing it.” Basically these trends you are seeing are fads.  You might be wondering what exactly is a fad and why do I care?

Well I am here to tell you just that, so if you find a particular interest in fads as I do, come take a look with me as we travel through the decades!

But for today lets just stick to figuring out what exactly is a fad? Well according to Dictionary.com the term fad is defined as “a temporary fashion, notion, manner of conduct, ect., especially one followed enthusiastically by a group.” I think in the most common words, a fad is just a phase we go through, when someone famous wears the newest fashion, or when the new iPod comes out, we all just have to have it. These new hot items become famous quickly, but their fame is short lived, therefore making it a fad.

No comments:

Post a Comment